The ultimate Adaptive Optics optimization is just one click away.
WaveTune 4.1.10 Conjugation Helper is a game-changer in the optimization of Adaptive Optics setting as it simplifies the WFS/DM alignment to a one-click process.
Adaptive Optics are key to optimizing the optical quality of any instrument or set-up. Obviously both the performance of the wavefront sensor (WFS) and deformable mirror (DM) are fundamental in obtaining the best corrections, but the quality of the WFS-DM conjugation is also a major additional factor to get the best out of adaptive optics.
Why is this optical conjugation so important ?
– A good DM-WFS conjugation is required to get a relevant interaction matrix as well as the highest number of correction modes in the command matrix.
– With a good conjugation, the beam shape measured by the WFS becomes independent of the beam aberrations. The beam shape keeps perfectly stable during the correction process.
Without an adequate conjugation, a simple astigmatism will make the beam shape elliptical, and constantly change during correction : these effects will systematically prevent reaching the best correction.
Imagine Optic has developed the newly-released Conjugation Helper function as part of its WaveTune 4.1.10 upgrade. The Conjugation Helper acts is a one-click process that will display both the distance and direction to adjust the wavefront to in order to get the perfect conjugation. This delicate and time-consuming WFS/DM alignment is now just a simple, instantaneous click-through process, thanks to the Conjugation Helper function.
WaveTune 4.1.10 is the latest version of Imagine Optic’s acclaimed software, and is currently available and shipped with all our Wavefront Sensors and Deformable Mirrors.
UPDATE : watch this 4 min video where Xavier Levecq, CSO Imagine Optic, showcases:
– the Conjugation Helper module,
– how to make an optical conjugation measurement,
– how to perform adaptive optics calibration.